I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations
- I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Date and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Maria B Hayden, am the data controller. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via the contact details given at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of 25th May 2018. I will be reviewing my privacy practices on an ongoing basis, and as such may change this policy from time to time. Please check this page frequently to ensure that you are familiar with its current content.
1. Personal Data I collect via this website: MariaBHayden.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you sign up to receive free content, including ebooks, videos and offers;||Email Address, First Name and Last Name|
Data that I collect automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website – such as the type of browser operating system you are using, and the domain name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider). I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of the Website
- respond to your questions, comments and requests
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing information about my books from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences or may be of interest to you
- Improve the Website through analysis of information
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data of all my subscribers. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
I currently use the following host companies for the website.
- Hostpapa UK – ISP
I currently capture and process your Personal Data, using the following software
I personally manage and maintain all of the above.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This website is aimed at adults, although I accept that I am a children’s author so may have readers visit my site to find out more about my work. I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. Request that a parent or care-giver subscribes and provides you with release date information instead.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email : firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form on the Website, which reaches the same email address.
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to
- as me to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask me to delete your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- withdraw any consents that you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonable consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact me
Full contact details are : Maria B Hayden @ Mariabhayden.com
Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com